Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This Thing Called Marriage

My father used to say it’s the most difficult institution! ‘Tougher than obtaining a University degree’; He says! And for me who getting my LL.B didn’t come easy, that’s something scary…
Many newlyweds say it’s beautiful. Yet, many that survive the first ten years say its bitter sweet.
Difficult, Beautiful, Bitter-Sweet! What an oxymoron marriage is!
Countless women (well, and men too I guess) have died in and for this thing called marriage. Many have been physically and internally injured and many are only enduring… I have in recent times watched countless divorce proceedings in court and OMG it’s all so scary.
With a plethora of sad marriages, people like me can only hope for the best! I hope another Divorce matter is not assigned to me soon. I need time to clear my head…maybe to bask in fictitious love stories or perhaps, some real life sweet marriage stories…
Meanwhile, I find consolation in neither my man nor in myself but in God’s word. For He said specifically unto me ‘…and the Light of Heaven shall shine upon the road ahead of you’… And though I’m shaky right now, LORD, I BELIEVE! Therefore, for this thing called Marriage, I am next in line! God bless my Marriage! AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment