Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Is he the one?

About Six feet, Pointed Nose, good legs and ehhhh light skin (not one of my fav features).
In totality, a handsome young man… older than me, compatible genotype, a lawyer, a Christian and from a tad good family background. What else can a woman ask for?
He is timely (a virtue I cherish), He loves to laugh, He loves football, He loves the Law and He loves God.
But! He is reserved, tad egocentric and not very expressive…I mean, show of love…like elmmm, I mean...not very romantic! Whew! Trust me! That’s a huge challenge for me…yeah, me: My birth alone called for attention…I grew up with lots of love and attention…well, let’s leave me, I’m talking about him.
Because of this “Buts”, I fear he doesn’t love me. I feel betrothed to him (well, at some point in my life I was wishing for that, for, I was tired of calculating whether a man was right or not…)
*Emi nko? Do I love him?…Yeah! I believe so! I have no butterflies but I sure have a strong desire to commit to this man, to understand him, tolerate him, to be faithful to him and to grow profoundly in love for him.
I ask myself, are you sure this willingness isn’t because you are 30 and time is of the essence? Or did I choose merely for lack of a better option? (Perhaps, that’s why he has chosen me too). The answers, I can’t say! But what I can say and know for sure is that with respect to this matter, God has given me a blank cheque (Job 22:28LB) and I have put his name on it. He is the one I have chosen. God bless my decision! AMEN!

*yoruba language which means: And me?

No comments:

Post a Comment